Important information for your visit
We respectfully remind guests that a reservation constitutes a contract between themselves and The Horn of Plenty.
Should you need to cancel your booking more than 24 hours ahead of your stay, there is no charge.
All restaurant reservations should be made in advance, otherwise we regret we cannot guarantee having a table available.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome in specified coach house rooms and in the library, however, they are not allowed on the furniture, beds or in the bath. There will be a small surcharge for dogs. Any damage caused by dogs will have to be paid for in full. We regret that dogs are not allowed in the Restaurant.
Guests are requested to vacate their rooms by 11am. Check in is from 3pm. Please let us know if you would like an early check in and we will do our best to help.
DAMAGE TO HOTEL PROPERTY
Any damage caused to hotel property during your stay is chargeable to your account.
WHO WE ARE
The Horn of Plenty is a “data controller” for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016which means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect information about you when you register with us, contact us via social media or commence/complete an online transaction to use our products and services. We collect information about you when you contact our reservations team to make a booking at our hotel and restaurant. If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We also collect information from you when you sign up to any of our marketing communications, complete our voluntary customer surveys, enter our competitions or provide feedback. These may be carried out online, by telephone or in person.
Some of the information we collect may be classed as personal data, that is, it is information about an individual who can be identified from it. It may be collected any time you submit it to us, whatever the reason may be.
In doing business with you, typically we will collect:
- Contact details (including name and address, telephone and email details)
- Personal information (for example date of birth, nationality)
- Credit card details (for reservation and transaction purposes)
- Your car registration (for car parking arrangements)
- If you have special requirements, then it may also be necessary to collect details about diet or disability or any other preferences that you may have.
- In order to serve you better, we may collect information about anniversary dates, newspaper preferences, bedding preferences and the like.
- If you choose to connect with us via social media links, for example such as Facebook or Twitter, we may collect your user name, your name (including surname) and email address, your gender, and your location. We may also collect your birthdate and other significant dates for making special offers to you around your birthday and other anniversaries.
- From our overseas guests we also collect passport details, as required by law.
- If you provide us with any personal data relating to any third party (e.g. information about your spouse) for particular purposes, by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to provide us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
- By providing the requested information and clicking "Submit", you provide your signature expressly consenting to contact from The Horn of Plenty or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or agents at the number you provided regarding products or services via live, automated or prerecorded telephone call, text message, instant message, or email (even if your telephone is currently listed on any Do Not Call List). You understand that your telephone company may impose charges on you for these contacts, and that you are not required to enter into this agreement as a condition of purchasing property, goods, or services. You also understand that you can revoke this consent at any time.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We use the information we collect about you to process your bookings, answer your queries, process your gift voucher purchases and to provide our hotel and restaurant facilities and services.
With your consent, we will contact you via our marketing and sales channels (email/ phone/ post) about our products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
We may use your information collected from the website, via cookies or direct input, to personalise your repeat visits to our website and send triggered messaging emails to you.
We may use your information to meet and comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory body which are binding on us.
We sometimes engage the services of trusted third parties to process the information collected by generating anonymised statistics to assist us with our marketing campaigns and business analysis. It is not possible for the business to identify an individual from such anonymised data presented in our internal reports.
Where we use contracted and trusted third parties we will share your data with those parties for that purpose. This includes the processing and delivery of marketing communications to you and any other third party services engaged to perform a business support, operational or administrative function.
Third parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and may only use your personal data to perform the necessary functions and not for other purposes.
We do not share your data with any third parties outside of the above processing arrangements. From the data we collect, you will only ever receive marketing communications from us for The Horn of Plenty.
We may also disclose personal data as permitted or required by law. For instance, we are legally required to retain details of guests who have stayed with us during the last 12 months. If asked by the authorities, such as the police, we may share your personal data with them for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime. Information is not shared with them outside of this purpose.
TRANSACTION AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We understand how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. We take reasonable appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss and unauthorised access or disclosure. Although we take reasonable care to keep your personal data secure, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer from unauthorised access or loss of any data provided. As part of our security measures, we use encryption technologies for online transactions via our booking websites.
We use a third party provider, Email Brilliance, to deliver our email newsletter. We gather statistics about email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter, and to enable us to provide tailored communications
We use a third party provider, Clockwork Marketing, to manage the distribution of our events brochures. Clockwork Marketing delete all such records within 6 months after receipt.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws
If you are a previous guest, staying with us before 25th May 2018, we will retain your data and continue to communicate with you electronically until 5 years has elapsed since your last stay, or until you unsubscribe. For those guests who have stayed with us historically, whose email details we don’t hold, we will continue to send direct mail to you, unless you advise us you no longer wish to be contacted.
If you are a member of our email database, we will retain your data and continue to communicate with you until 2 years since you last opened an email from us, or until you unsubscribe.
If you contact us or stay with us after 25th May 2018, we will only communicate with you if you give us your consent.
If we contact you as part of a purchased data list (eg newly engaged couples), we will ensure that the supplier of this data is fully GDPR compliant. You will always have the option to unsubscribe.
If you no longer wish to be contacted, you can unsubscribe by any of the following methods:
selecting the UNSUBSCRIBE link included in our emails or on our website
contacting the Owner Julie Leivers: email@example.com
For the purpose of business continuity we back up our business data and store a separate copy off-site at a private address.
ACCESSING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access a copy of the information which we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email Owner Julie Leivers (firstname.lastname@example.org), or write to us at the following address:
The Horn of Plenty
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You are able to make amendments, or withdraw your consent for use, by telling our reception staff when you check in at our hotel or by emailing email@example.com
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal data, depending upon the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your personal data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant personal data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
- To enable certain feature and functions (e.g. remembering your user-id, browsing and other product and/ or service preferences);
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems or improve efficiency of group websites.
- To improve the contents of the website and emails from us;
- To customise the contents of the website and emails from us to suit your individual interests or preferences;
- To utilise your browsing history on the website and the results of questionnaires for market research or marketing
When someone visits www.thehornofplenty.co.uk we use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HAVE A QUESTION?
All other questions on our use of your personal data should be directed to Owner Julie Leivers: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 20 May 2018.