The Horn of Plenty is a smart, vibrant 4 star Country House Hotel and Restaurant near Tavistock on the Devon/Cornwall border. We’ve been thrilling guests for almost 60 years.
We have a 40 cover restaurant, 16 luxury en suite bedrooms and a thriving wedding business. We've been awarded 3 AA rosettes and we were voted “Devon's Best Small Hotel ” in the Visit Devon Tourism awards 2020/21.
We're lucky enough to have a fantastic team of friendly, enthusiastic staff who care passionately about the business.
As a result of ongoing growth, we are always on the look out for happy, committed people to join us. This is a great place to work with a great team spirit, good rates of pay and stunning surroundings.
If you are interested in joining us, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you, even if we’re not currently listing any vacancies.
Vacancy - Chef
To work as part of a brigade of 6 chefs to deliver honest quality food, made from scratch using locally sourced fresh ingredients for a fine dining restaurant.
The successful candidate will have at least 12 months experience in a busy kitchen. However attitude is more important than experience.
We’re looking for a driven, energetic, and capable. Someone with a real passion for food, and a desire to push their own boundaries to be the best they can be.
You will need your own transport, as we are not on a bus route.
£24 - 28K + tips + pension + 28 days holiday, a great opportunity and a great place to work.
Head Chef Ashley Lewis trained under the expert guidance of the Roux Brothers at the 3 Michelin starred Waterside Inn at Bray.
If you are aiming for the highest levels in your culinary career, this is a fabulous opportunity to join a very strong, motivated and happy kitchen.
Have no regrets .... apply now! Please email email@example.com
Vacancy - Part Time Receptionist
To manage the reception desk to ensure that all guest interactions are dealt with in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
To work closely with all other departments (Restaurant, Kitchen, Housekeeping) to help ensure we build on our reputation as one of the very best hotels in the South West.
The Reception desk is the "hub" of the hotel for guests and staff alike, so this is a very multi-faceted role with numerous calls for your attention at any one time.
- To answer telephone, handle enquiries, take restaurant/room bookings and persuade the “undecideds” to book, optimising trade-up opportunities wherever possible.
- To welcome residents, complete check in, show them to their rooms, help with any queries
- To welcome lunch/dinner/afternoon tea guests, help with their coats, and show them to the drawing room.
- To manage Hotel Perfect accommodation software system, ResDiary restaurant booking system, Gifted gift voucher software and Vamoos remote check-in software
- To take payment for food, drinks and accommodation, vouchers, wedding deposits and the like
- To manage large party bookings, liaising with guests regarding deposits, menus, table plans and pre-orders
- To print menus, personalised menus, wedding brochures and the like
- To help keep all front of house areas clean and tidy at all times, clearing drinks/canapes, plumping cushions etc
- To help the Weddings team with administration as required.
- To do ad hoc tasks as required to help the smooth running of the hotel, and the enjoyment of our guests
- To be pro-active in identifying ways to improve the guest experience/increase business /increase profitability
Skills, competencies and personal attributes
- The successful candidate will have at least 12 months experience in a similar role in a very busy, high end hospitality environment
- We’re looking for someone who is warm, friendly and outgoing, good with customers, confident, and always willing to “go the extra mile” to deliver outstanding service
- You will need to be a fantastic multi-tasker, quick, extremely well organised with superb attention to detail. First class Microsoft word and excel skills are vital, as is the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Sales skills are also important, helping each guest to choose a room that is right for them.
- The role requires extensive use of Hotel Perfect, ResDiary and other hospitality software packages. Previous experience would be hugely beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will be genuinely flexible, both in terms of their hours/days of work, and in their way of working. We welcome people who can “think on the job” and work independently to find solutions.
- You will need your own transport, as we are not on a bus route.
£10 per hour + tips + 28 days holiday pro-rata
Normal reception hours are 9am – 8pm, usually split between two Receptionists.
We offer an excellent working environment, lots of variety, and the opportunity to be part of a closely-knit team. Progression opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org