Devon's Best Wedding Venue
Devon Wedding Venue of the Year, West Country Wedding Awards 2013
We are delighted to have been voted "Best Wedding Venue in Devon" in the 2013 West Country Wedding Awards. This award is based entirely on feedback from recent brides and grooms, based on the quality, service and value for money our venue offers.
If you are looking for fantastic food and stunning views for your wedding photos, you've found the right place. We offer outstanding food, superb service and wonderful accommodation in a romantic country house setting.
Romantic Wedding Venues in Plymouth
Nestled on the edge of Dartmoor National Park in 5 acres of stunning countryside, we offer the ideal wedding venue in Devon for a truly magical day. With breath-taking views of the Tamar Valley, a 2 AA rosette restaurant, elegant surroundings and outstanding service, this independent Country House Hotel is without doubt one of the most romantic wedding venues in Devon.
If you're looking for wedding venues near Plymouth, this unique venue is far enough from the city to feel magical, but still close enough to be convenient.
Bespoke Wedding Venues in Devon
Rather than offering a generic wedding package, we listen to what you're looking for and create something completely bespoke, tailored around your hopes and dreams. Whether you're looking for a small intimate gathering for 6-20 guests, or a lavish wedding celebration with exclusive use, we provide the ideal Devon wedding venue in a beautiful setting.
We can cater for up to 90 guests in the main house and up to 250 guests in a marquee on the lawn. We offer a choice of 2 bridal suites and 14 luxury en-suite bedrooms accommodating 32 guests in total. Most of our bedrooms have balconies with stunning views.
Civil Wedding Venues
Our Devon wedding venue provides the ideal place for your Civil Ceremony or Civil Partnership. Choose from 3 beautiful rooms licensed for you to exchange your vows: the Drawing Room, the Restaurant or the Library.
What makes us stand out from the crowd?
- Our wedding breakfasts are the best you will find in the South West, which is why we’re the chosen venue for many Chefs’ weddings.
- Our strong planning/organisational skills and stunning attention to detail take the stress out of your wedding, leaving you more time to enjoy both the run-up, and the big day itself.
- Our location on the edge of Dartmoor, means we're perfectly positioned for those looking for wedding venues in Exeter (50 minutes drive), Plymouth (40 minutes) and indeed much of Cornwall
- Our warm, friendly, efficient team delivers outstanding service with a genuine “can do” attitude.
- Our owner manages every wedding personally, so we are flexible, resourceful and always willing to go the extra mile.
- Whatever your budget, we will create a stunning, highly tailored wedding for your special day.
If money is tight, you might want to consider a winter wedding. We offer exclusive use free of charge Nov - March inclusive, saving you up to £1,800! Please click here for further details and sample cost estimates.
Off Peak Weddings (Mondays)
We also offer exclusive use free of charge on Mondays, all year round except Bank Holidays. Please click here for further details and a sample cost estimate.
If you're not fussed about having a DJ or a band, you might find an Afternoon Wedding fits you to a T. There is no requirement to take any accommodation (unless you'd like to), and there's no exclusive use charge. Please click here for a sample estimate for an afternoon wedding, based on 30 guests
Request a Wedding Brochure
Come and visit us!
Come and visit us, and find out why we have been voted “Best Wedding Venue in Devon”. Julie Leivers, owner and wedding co-ordinator, would be delighted to show you round and answer any questions. Please call her on 01822 835023 or email her.
Video of Amy and Mike's wedding courtesy of Life Video Productions